- To lead and inspire the data science team to deliver brilliant analytics work that drives business growth, customer experience, drive productivity and optimize efficiencies.
- Create valuable best practices that can be replicated in other markets.
- To develop best practice analytics solutions to support business with measurable success to drive business growth and effectiveness.
- To create and manage the analytics workplan with the Insights team and business users to ensure delivery of brilliant analytics work that meets the business pace.
- Create and continuously develop and motivate the data science team to delivery great work
- To create the data science approach and road map to support the long term and short term business needs to achieve propel ambitions.
- Partnering with the Insights team to ensure that the data science team delivers against the analytics workplan in a timely manner with brilliant quality work. As a startup department, this role requires the candidate to take ownership of analytics design, extraction and delivery.
- Being the analytics technical expert to develop and deliver analytics solution and analyses that will drive tangible business outcome.
- Working with the Data Management & IT team to drive acquisition of new data sources and the refinement of existing data sources which will improve the company's understanding of its customers.
- Continuously source for new market analytics solutions that will elevate the analytics capabilities within the company
- Expert in programming based analytics software e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Python
- Experienced and proven experience in building statistical models (e.g clustering, logical regression, predictive models, conceptual modeling, hypothesis testing). Must have proven experience in building segmentations, creating predictive and targeting models etc.
- Having a good understanding of design and architecture principles
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment as in a competitive landscape
- Having an understanding of how a business and strategy works
- Strong analytical skills, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to collaborate with other teams to drive positive outcomes
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive business outcomes
- Mentoring and Coaching Senior Data Scientists to achieve their objectives
- To be able to groom and upskill the junior data scientists.
- Bachelor's Degree / Masters Required
- 8 years' advance analytics experience and above