Our client is a mobile operating system for smart feature phones that stormed the scene to become the 3rd largest mobile OS globally (2nd in India ahead of iOS). We are on 100M+ devices in 100+ countries.
We are looking for a backend engineer for our Hong Kong-based advertising technology team to work as part of an agile team alongside other software, data and DevOps engineers. The team is in charge of our ads SDK, several advertiser- and app publisher-facing web applications, a scalable microservices-based real-time backend and underlying AWS infrastructure. You are a seasoned backend engineer capable of developing complex systems incrementally, relying on TDD, test and deployment automation every step of the way. You take pride in delivering systems that are testable and observable by design, can be evolved in confidence and are stable and performant in practice.
What we are looking for:
- Engineering background and academic qualifications
- Deep knowledge and fluency in Golang, Python or Scala; shell scripting
- Extensive experience with test automation, CI / CD
- Experience with load testing and performance optimization
- Extensive experience with modern version control systems, such as Git
- Strong operating systems concepts, Linux and networking
- Extensive experience with AWS, including services such as EC2, ECS, S3, Kinesis, RDS, DynamoDB, Athena, CloudWatch, IAM, Route 53, etc. Infrastructure tooling and automation is a plus.
- Extensive experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience with a variety of databases, including modern non-relational data technology
- Experience working in cross-functional delivery-focused agile teams
- Extensive experience with iterative development
- Experience in data-centric environments is a plus
- Outstanding analytical thinking, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills