Our client is a successful start-up with strong funding from one of the world's biggest internet company. We are now hiring experienced big data engineers for its Hong Kong-based data technology team to work alongside data scientists, data analysts, software and DevOps engineers.
Overseas candidates with over 6 years of experience in data engineering hands-on with Python, SQL, and AWS are welcomed to apply for this position, we provide visa sponsorship and relocation package.
- Engineering background and academic qualifications
- Breadth and depth of knowledge and experience with data technology at scale
- Extensive experience with a variety of databases, including modern non-relational data technology and understanding of underlying design choices, trade-offs, sweet spots and internal workings
- Experience building scalable and reliable data pipelines
- Knowledge of data formats and associated tradeoffs
- Experience with streaming data processing a plus
- Fluency in Python or Scala; shell scripting; Golang a plus
- In-depth knowledge and fluency with SQL
- Experience with data modeling
- Extensive experience with AWS, including services such as EMR/Spark, Kinesis, RedShift, RDS, DynamoDB, Athena, Glue, Lambda, CloudWatch, IAM, etc. Infrastructure tooling and automation a plus.
- Extensive experience with test automation, CI / CD
- Extensive experience with modern version control systems, such as Git
- Experience designing and developing REST or GraphQL APIs a plus
- Experience working in cross-functional delivery-focused agile teams
- Extensive experience with iterative development
- Outstanding analytical thinking, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills