Innovation Data Scientist. Singapore.
Up to SG $120k annual basic salary.
A fintech company with global remit is looking for an experienced candidate to join their team as an Innovation Data Scientist. As an IDS, you will be working on R&D projects across the business to determine where data science can help to improve busienss functions and units, and to develop solutions and spearhead the implementation.
Candidates will need to be creative and have the ability to think outside of the box. Ideally, you would have worked in an innovations lab environment previously.
- Manage various stakeholders across all business units in the business. Understanding their requirements and pain points.
- Develop short and long term solutions for business problems that are affecting the efficiency and productivity of the business.
- Identify modern technologies to help shape the business for the future.
- Run various hypothesis based experiments to determine the best solution available for a problem.
- Work closely with data science, analytics and tech teams to run POCs into production.
- Clean, update, format and manipulate various data sets across both internal and external data sources.
- Developing monitoring risk models and predictive and descriptive models.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience. Candidates with experienced as a data scientist in an innnovations lab environment will be highly preferred.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field to data science.
- Excellent communication skills and strong problem solving skills with a track record of conceptualising, developing and deploying analytics IT solutions.
- Strong programming skills across various languages and understanding of enterprise IT processes.
- Experience with deep learning techniques is a plus.
- Experience with database engineering and ETL is a plus.
- Strong understanding of credit risk modelling is a big plus.