Our client is a well established tech company that offers a SaaS product that is used globally. They have a new office in Singapore and they are rapidly growing.
This role will lead their IT Infrastructure for Cloud Engineering and you would be expected to develop and pioneer their internal processes and platforms.
As the expert on our IT Infrastructure and Cloud Engineering Team, you'll lead a team of Infrastructure engineers across various geographic locations such as Hong Kong, Singapore, and remote workers.
- Lead and develop best practices for the entire IT team, including support, engineering, and automation
- Leads a team of IT engineers, schedules work and follows up to ensure quality and results are as expected
- Act as the escalation point for your team, providing expert-level guidance and technical direction
- Create training and performance plans for the team
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services where applicable
- Researching, evaluating, and selecting appropriate cloud and SaaS services to solve company problems and improve productivity
- Designs, documents, and implements complex IT systems
- Works with IT Automation Engineers to design and implement the orchestrating and automation of our cloud-based platforms
- Owns the company's cloud service portfolio and keeps it updated and accurate
- Creates training plans and performance plans for the team
- Managing the overall picture of network operations, including monitoring of network status and health, who and what is on our networks, and how our networks are being utilized
- Creating team annual and quarterly OKRs and consistently measuring and updating the progress toward those goals
- Expert awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP,
- NTP, Syslog, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development, and system engineering
- Expert experience in designing and integrating complex IT systems and concepts into an existing ecosystem
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills, demonstrated ability to develop a team, coaching and mentorship of team members, and be able to make solid business decisions
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Strong project management skills