This role is open for remote work, however, candidates must be available to work within business hours of the UTC+8 time zone.
In this role, you would be responsible for leading an established team of junior-mid level developers. Reporting directly to their Head of Engineering, your role is to understand the projects without any hand-holding, spearhead the development of software from a hands-on approach, and to mentor and groom the juniors.
- Be a close partner to the Head of Engineering, helping him with day-to-day projects and being dependable.
- Be a role model to the rest of the team. You will be reviewing code and leading by example.
- Developing strong back-end and front-end processes and completing projects, leading from the front and remaining very hands-on.
- Work to build consistency on the projects, ensuring that documentation and interfaces are of high quality.
- Understanding that the end-user of the product is the priority.
- Strong experience in working with product teams and building software.
- Experience in leading projects and developing/training junior developers
- Experience within agile methodology.
- At least 3+ years of experience in using Python for software development.
- Experience and sound understanding of API design.
- Solid understanding of building scalable applications.